1. Slept well, from about 9 – 4:30, seven and a half hours or so.
2. Should have a good run this morning.
3. Did a six mile walk yesterday.
4. Got the check for the November article in Street Spirit.
5. Terry published “The Voices That Count” (changed the title to “The Class Gap”). This was the one I was hoping he would publish.
6. Got a really nice note from Sally, which I put up on my wall:
Hi dear Andy,
Enclosed is a check to pay you for your wonderful November article.
Thank you again for your deep concern for justice and compassion.
It’s awesome having you as a contributor to Street Spirit.
Love and blessings,
7. I keep noticing how many things are so much easier now that I live indoors, and especially inside this spacious apartment, replete with commodity and accoutrement. I can take my own shower, I never lose my glasses any more, and everything is just where I want it.
8. Just downed a first cup of coffee and am feeling rested and alert. Coffee tastes great this morning — I think I’m finally getting the hang of the coffee maker, and what exactly to do with the grounds.
9. If I get that city job, I can buy a new computer after the first two weeks paychecks. Then, even if they were to let go of me after two weeks or so, I would still have acquired a computer out of the deal. (Not that I’m only in it for the computer, mind you.)
10. I get to sing with the Choir tomorrow. We’re going to do “For the Beauty of the Earth.” Also, I’ve begun working on “Oracle” — that being the next logical song to do with the new 15-system template — and the computer hasn’t freaked out yet. I noticed that some of the lyrics, written hastily toward the End of Act One, are inconsistent with the (minor) characters as they had developed. But this is a good thing. I can work from there — backwards and forwards — and the character development will be stronger, less puzzling, and more engaging. Life is Good, and God is Love.
from the new musical Eden in Babylon
Copyright © 2017 by Andrew Michael Pope
All Rights Reserved
Please donate to Eden in Babylon.
Anything Helps – God Bless!