1. Just awoke from what must have been a three hour nap.
2. Melissa offered to help me clean the kitchen and bathroom. Also grateful even to have a kitchen and a bathroom. (This most certainly has not always been the case.)
3. Interesting detailed new email reply from my brother Steve on the theme of California-bashing. Evidently this is something he’s researched a lot. I’ll have to delve into it more deeply when more awake.
4. Kent called this morning. It always seems that whenever I’m feeling pressed to make a blanket decision to remove all Californians from my life — for the sake of my health and sanity, basically — I mean, considering where I’ve come from, and my particularly traumatic experiences in that State – I start getting calls and emails from the Californians whom I particularly love.
5. The New Story is the one to live in, however, not the Old — no matter what role geographical location places in the settings of those stories. I’d rather live in the New Testament than the Old Testament, and I would venture to guess it would be the same for any other Story.
6. I think this morning was the best time I have ever had at my church. Kathy did a great job teaching the Wired Word class, and it was a lively discussion with an eye toward truth. The combined worship forces of the Praise Team and the Choir blew me away. I felt focused – on the Right Thing –and I was never distracted by logistic difficulties. Although I was the only bass, in a way that wasn’t a bad thing. I put myself on ‘double bass’ and boomed it out, when applicable. “Assurance” rocked. Megan is as close to indispensable as any accompanist I’ve ever worked with.
7. Finished Midnight Screams and sent it to Erika. Finished Rat Race or Human Race? and submitted it to Street Spirit. Denise said she will be publishing Treasures in Heaven in the upcoming edition of Class Action. Eden in Babylon workshop is on the 26th, and if this sounds like boasting, please try to frame it vis a vis the fact that two years ago I was sleeping in a Berkeley gutter getting the crap knocked out of me by gang bangers while juggaloes were burning down all my possessions — and Berkeley police could have cared less.
8. Last two posts on WordPress doing well. WordPress in general. Interesting that Mark Landry and Lynne Fisher both submitted posts on how to deal with “assholes” and with “arrogant people” (respectively) yesterday; and that both posts showed up in my WordPress folder right at the moment when I was trying to deal with an arrogant asshole. The WordPress karma seems very useful and positive, especially as a constructive alternative to the whole social media phenomenon in general.
9. Jeremiah preached today and said he would buy my race registration for the Paradise Path 10-K on Mom’s birthday, and that we can have lunch afterwards on him. It’s his birthday that day too. He’s an interesting bright guy, really liked his discussion of Plato’s Theory of Forms and Gnosticism, and how that fit in to the whole mind-body thing in Christianity.
10. Won’t be long now. My daughter and my ex-wife should arrive on Tuesday, possibly – hopefully – never to depart. The “Tuesday Tuneup” should be pretty interesting, and the Lord God Did It All.
Please donate to Eden in Babylon.
Anything Helps – God Bless!