1. The birds are chirping outside my window; and not only that, but the sky is getting light at only 4:45 am. It just feels so right to be up early and to see all this stuff happening out of my very own rented window. I loved hearing the birds chirp at four in the morning when I slept on layers of cardboard on the dirt outside of East Bay Area Works. And now that I have a nice one-bedroom apartment in a secluded setting nestled within an idyllic art-positive community, I love to hear them chirping even more.
2. Slept solidly for four hours last night – but I mean solidly. At this stage, that’s fine.
3. Really good two mile run last night. I was fleet. One nice thing about the heat wave is that it’s going to be super nice to run in the early mornings (like at around this time) and also the evenings, when it’s nice and cool.
4. Thankful I’m not going to have to worry about wearing the spikes when I run.
5. Yesterday I both meditated for the second time (in this phase) and ran for the second time (in this phase) – and I mean back to back. It’s one of the many reasons it’s so wonderful to be living with the woman I love. She motivates me to do all the right things.
6. Adora Myers has my vote. I don’t know what office we can get her to run for, but when she does, she has my vote.
7. In a few short hours, my 32 year old daughter will be driving up from California. Starting tomorrow night, her car will be parked in my apartment parking lot. So nice of her to offer us all three its use, as needed. I will now get a State of Idaho driver license, and be driving again – for the first time in 14 years.
8. All four of my singers should be showing up to rehearse the music from Eden in Babylon tonight at the church containing the Baldwin grand piano I’ve been playing daily, the church that actually let me have a key to the building. I also was able to reduce the cost of the demo by $125 by rearranging the men’s parts after one of the basses had to drop out. So I only have $150 more to raise — and my demo will be affordable. After all this time!
9. I don’t have a penny to my name; and yet I am more blessed than any man.
10. The Lord my God is Good.