(1) I have a roof over my head. (A lot of people don’t – and for a long time I didn’t either).
(2) Running water. (There are people all over the world who lack it.)
(3) I can take a shower without having to wait in a long line with people whom I would worry might steal my things while I was showering. (In fact, this is the first time in years that I have access to a shower without having to deal with other men trying to access the same shower.)
(4) Great 3 1/2 mile run three days ago, and nice 1 1/2 mile run before bedtime last night. After all these years — specifically, since April 9, 1976 — I still have two strong legs and a good set of lungs.
(5) There are two comfortable spots to sleep in my apartment – a Queen size bed in the bedroom, and a cozy couch in the living room. For many years, my mattress was three layers of cardboard on a concrete slab. Nice to get a good night’s sleep.
(6) When I was homeless, my strengths were disregarded and my weaknesses illuminated. Now that I am indoors, my weaknesses are overlooked, and my strengths revealed.
(7) I used to speak all kinds of misleading falsehoods in order to try and impress people. Today I speak my truth — and if they don’t like it, don’t believe it, or don’t understand it, c’est la vie. It’s easier on the spirit to speak the truth plainly, than to try and keep track of all those woeful webs we weave.
(9) I used to live here all alone, and was relieved and grateful, but lonely. Now I live here with the woman I love — and am inspired, joyful, and fulfilled.
(10) I was once rich in money, but lacking in faith. Now I am lacking in money – but I am rich in faith. I wouldn’t trade my present “poverty” for my past “wealth” for all the money in the world. May the God of Love be Praised.
Please donate to Eden in Babylon.
Anything Helps – God Bless!