(1) Writer’s Guild was great on Saturday. I’m beginning to wrap my mind around writing on themes other than those of my recent passion.
(2) Jeremiah’s sermon was really interesting at church yesterday, filling in for the pastor. I didn’t know he was such a good speaker. Also, I’d never heard that emphasis in the story of the Prodigal Son before — how each of the sons at different times was treating their father more-or-less like an employer rather than a dad, and how their language not being “family language” thus robbed them of the sense of kinship or intimacy that their father was about, and that our own Heavenly Father seeks from His children.
(3) I don’t feel quite as “strangely threatened” as I have felt so much of the time recently. And though I’d grappled against the idea of even going to church because I so hugely didn’t want to be around people afterwards at the Fellowship, it worked for me to make a conscious choice to leave the building immediately after the sermon.
(4) Latah Recovery Center. It’s been great to have had peer support throughout the past few weeks, and I was especially surprised and happy they stayed open on Labor Day. Also, if I fill out the tons of paperwork correctly, I can soon be receiving a minium-wage paycheck for my volunteer position there. This perk is not to be overlooked.
(5) My daughter and I have been talking every day now – on the phone or on Skype. Also, it appears that her sister is having the baby now.
(6) Holiday weekends can be hard, but this one will be over soon, and tomorrow things will be open again: the church, the bank, the Courtyard Cafe, the Bagel Shop, and the library. People will somehow seem more “normal,” and I will be able to take comfort once again in connecting with my community.
(7) I think I’ve successfully warded off the Kid in the hood who tried to pawn off the hot MacBook. Just the fact that it would even have wound up with the cops is probably enough to make him a bit leery of me. (I could elaborate, but it’s mostly a Proverbs 25:17 issue.)
(8) Got my levothryoxine filled finally and today’s the 10th day. Motivation is coming more easily now, and it’s easier to make it up the hills when I’m out walking. Running with Jay D. was all right on Saturday too, though I’m still coughing up a storm, especially triggered by the deeper breaths.
(9) Downloaded the Google voice recorder to my new phone, so I’m probably good to make a speech Wedneday and correct the one from Wednesday before last that I had to throw into the trash. Great to finally have a nice smartphone in life, and to be discovering all its features and potential.
(10) Received a positive communication from an important person. God is Love and Love is God.
Please donate to Eden in Babylon.
Anything Helps – God Bless!