Again, my gratitude list from Friday.
1. Slept real well from about 8:30 to 4:30, just about 8 hours. Probably back on schedule now.
2. Ran two miles yesterday afternoon.
3. Seeing Dr. Baldwin today for the first time at 11:30.
4. Really grateful for my apartment. It’s just what I need.
5. Grateful for the writers I’ve met on WordPress and Twitter who are so encouraging and understanding what I’m about.
6. Grateful for my church.
7. Happened upon this really interesting blog post from Lynne Fisher from over a year ago: The Demons on the Boat. Grateful that I was able to read it and be engaged, free of negative thoughts as to what a lousy reader I think I am. It’s those lifelong thoughts that seem to keep me from reading with comprehension, because they get in the way. Ridding myself of them, I find that reading isn’t that hard.
8. Also grateful for the delineation of Russ Harris she alluded to in that post. It’s a great way of framing it. Of course I should live more according to my values than my goals.
9. I’m grateful to have good friends, and good “guides” in my life today. I don’t think this was so much the case earlier. The people I hung out with more-or-less led me astray.
10. I’m in a good mood this morning, not mad or anything. That’s a blessing. Here’s to a good day. God is Good.
Please donate to Eden in Babylon.
A little bit goes a long, long way.