My gratitude list from Friday morning.
1. Slept from about 7:30pm till 2am, about 6 1/2 hours.
2. I’m much better at hydrating than I used to be. This one Smart water bottle that I keep refilling has become associated with wolfing it down and also leaving it in the same spot all the time, where I can find it. I took my synthroid with a full glass of water easily this morning, once again.
3. Interesting chat with the guy on the graveyard shift. He kept referring to everything in terms of “night” even though to me it was “morning.” Guess they had a wild night over there, but I left thinking it’s kinda nice that I would even be considered acceptable to chit-chat with and share some laughs in that context, as opposed to the earlier, more prevalent experience of walking into a Mom & Pop on somebody’s graveyard shift and being eyed with suspicion.
4. Really good “Hi-Rev” coffee.
5. I had a good feeling about my daughter when I got off the phone with her on Wednesday.
People are hitting my “Interim” post.
I’m creating an Abstractions
playlist on SoundCloud this morning, I can link to it and to the Exile
playlist where those titles appear in the pitch. That will enhance the ad – they’ll be able to hear samples of my piano, with one click. Also had not been expecting $140 in Interim sales already. So this has been a great project.
7. Really good talk with Danielle yesterday morning, catalyzing corresponding thoughts throughout the day.
Not sure if I mentioned, I finished Firefly Magic.
I’m jotting down notes for questions / issues to raise with author Lauren Sapala
in a scheduled Hangouts video call. This is a nice opportunity.
9. I’m thinking I can probably create a decent piano piece at the church this morning, which will also strengthen my trip. I felt too out of practice yesterday, but today I might be loosened up. Thankful for the church, and the opportunity to keep practicing on the Baldwin grand.*
10. Thankful for side projects while still largely stalled on my big project. Also thankful for many minorly positive connections while out of touch with majorly positive connections. There’s a new lilt in my stride, and a sense of upbeat, forward mobility. God is Good.
Please donate to Eden in Babylon.
A little bit goes a long, long way.