My gratitude list from Sunday afternoon, after a nice long nap.
1. Napped for an hour and a half solidly between 1:30pm & 3pm.
2. Saw my Yamaha electronic piano first thing on awakening, and thought “it’s so nice to have this place of my own.”
3. Actually ate a banana this morning.
4. Am drinking orange juice now instead of coffee.
5. I’d been having a bit of difficulty getting along with this one person at the church, but after she came up and sat behind me in the pews and we started talking, I wound up sitting next to her. Then I wondered why I had been having a hard time getting along with her. It all seemed nice, normal, natural & no-big-deal.
6. Despite drowsiness, I got more out of the sermon than usual. I think this new ADHD medication is helping me be a better listener.
7. Had a good talk with that one guy about that one thing that was bugging me. He wasn’t passing judgment against me as a person; he was just a bit exasperated with the general situation in question. Goes to show how we can’t always tell what someone’s thinking by a look on the face, and our own insecurities will often read too much into stuff.
8. Finished the second of the five new assignments with the paper. I’m calling it “My Life Has Just Begun.” Sent it to Alastair, telling her I’d rewrite the 1st one again, and call it “Bigger and Better than the Streets.” It feels good that the block has been removed and that I’m on a roll with the articles for the new column.
9. The more I think about it, the more the talk with my daughter last night was encouraging.
10. Really beautiful day today. I think I’ll head down to the cafe and chillax. Life is good.
Please donate to Eden in Babylon.
A little bit goes a long, long way.