This week’s gratitude list is from last Thursday morning, the 16th.
1. Slept 6 hrs from 9 till 3, deeply w/dreams.
2. I’m gettting to read Proverbs 16 (my favorite chapter) this morning, with 16:7, my favorite verse.
3. My piece on Cancel Culture is being published in The Spokesman. I have to edit out 300 words to meet their requirements, and it’s due tomorrow. But I can do it. It’s a priority, as The Spokesman is the major newspaper of the 2nd largest city in the State of Washington.
4. It dawned on me during Bible Project that I would probably think more clearly and have less anxiety if I ate a little more properly. So I resolved to start with eight forms of food that I read are good for people with ADHD in that they adjust dopamine levels in the brain: milk, eggs, fish, strawberries, apples, bananas, almonds and dark chocolate.
5. Ran 1.2 miles from the church to my landlord’s office to Ace Hardware in spikes & street clothes in 24F weather with the wind on my back, nice brisk run. Ran/walked 1.8 back against the wind, since Ace couldn’t copy my mail key and I had to go to the locksmith in the mall on 3rd Street. Good exercise. (Gives “running errands” a new meaning.)
6. Looks like it’s 31F degrees and less snow on ground. I can probably do a significant run this morning, yesterday’s jaunt being a warm-up.
7. Good Folger’s coffee at my own home out of my own Black & Decker coffee maker. Grateful for this place and for the amazing way it came together without my having to pay a deposit or them runing a credit or background chack, thanks be to God and Young Paul, the college graduate whose lease I took over. Grateful to finally be no longer surrounded by tweakers, in life.
8. Got my daughter’s youtube of her song “Sparrows” from the open mike at the Starry Plough, a work of genius.
9. Got the Street Spirit check and 3 complimentary papers, along with a Happy New Years and a thank you from the editor-in-chief. Also, John C. paid me the $10 he owed me on a Suspended CD, so I made $35, which ought to cover the utilities bill.
10. Excited about my theology group tonight, which will be on Martin Luther King and Gandhi. I’ve got three writing deadlines before Friday, and this will be a welcome restbit. God is Good.
Please donate to Eden in Babylon.
A little bit goes a long, long way.