(1) Just ran 2 1/2 miles on a gorgeous afternoon. That’s three days in a row I’ve managed to run. Am now at a pit-stop on my 12 mile bike ride. Good thing too, since sheltering in place has had a way of making me fat.
(2) I was again gifted with a month’s worth of groceries through a combination of two Winko’s cards that people gave me. I’m all stocked up now with a variety of foods, and glad the monthly trip is out of the way.
(3) Connected with my daughter this morning, which was positive. Good that she is in my life, and nice that I’m on terms with her boyfriend now, as well.
(4) Grateful for the “soft opening” of local businesses and, in particular, this pleasant cafe where I have alighted to find a free doppio awaiting me, courtesy of an appreciative regular customer. Happy to be granted a glimpse of the friendly faces of the many like-minded souls whom I have come to know and love during nearly four years of sojourning in this charming little community.
(5) The fellow who helps me do the piano recordings has agreed to show up with his iPhone every Thursday to help. They will probably only be audio recordings for a while, but I’m grateful to be back in the groove. Moreover, I feel my playing has been helped for the break — I’m still loud, but less furious in my passion. I guarantee you, however, I’ll still be loud. (Some messages are best heard at higher volumes.)
“The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are so certain of themselves and wiser people so full of doubts.”
— Bertrand Russell
Please donate to Eden in Babylon.
A little bit goes a long, long way.