(1) Nice to be inside, out of the rain.
(2) I’ve been realizing that I don’t have to believe all the things that people at my church believe, or swallow the pastor’s theology hook, line & sinker. We can “agree to disagree” at this church, and this is beautiful.
(3) Ran three miles surprisingly well last night. Being all off schedule, with many things weighing on me, it will be a beautiful night for a light jog once the rain lets up a little. Glad to be living in a place where it’s safe to run at night.
(4) Rehearsal went remarkably well on Tuesday — excitingly so. I was so jazzed afterwards I dove into a full arrangement of my Opening Number and mapped out a plan to create a complete Piano-Conductor Score. After that, I really will be done with this baby. People will be able to do the show anywhere, without my even having to be on board. Maybe I can even find a date for Opening Night. Maybe I’ll win a Tony Award for Best Musical of the Year. The sky’s the limit when you’re on a roll.
(5) I’ve been feeling more hope for the future lately, despite things having been rocky. If we don’t drop the ball, we might even win in November.
“The fool speaks because he has to say something. The wise man speaks because he has something to say.”
Please donate to Eden in Babylon.