(1) Grateful for a decent six hours of solid sleep after running in the evening last night. Glad I’ve been sleeping reasonably well lately, in general.
(2) Painlessly did the 2 1/2 mile course at around sunset yesterday. I’m definitely both eating less and running more these days. At this stage, that’s something to be grateful for.
(3) Amazing that the two new singer-actors K. & C. have emerged, desiring to portray the male and female antagonists in a Scene Two audition preparation. They’re even learning the song together. (True that I had something to do with this happening — being as I was the one who asked them if they were interested. But still, I find it wonderful that two very talented people like K. & C. would actually be interested.) I’m feeling a lot of gratitude that almost everything that’s happened lately with respect to the musical has been really positive and encouraging.
(4) I gotta say I’m grateful for Finale 26 music notation software and for the very sophisticated Audacity freeware that I use to edit sound files. I’ve been refining the interactive tracks for the opening number and the second number, and moving on to the third. I’m grateful to have such an interesting and meaningful project to be working on.
(5) In seven days, God willing, I will have lived in this city and spent every night indoors — usually all alone, usually in quietude, in a dwelling place of my own choosing — for four entire years. Five years ago I’d have never dreamed it possible. Oh, I dreamed it all right — but I never thought it would actually happen. I and everyone else I knew assumed I would die a miserable death in a Bay Area gutter. Instead, I am a healthy and happy man today. I am very grateful that I am no longer homeless.
Please donate to Eden in Babylon.