(1) Though a more devastating blizzard has been foretold, thus far it’s not been a deterrent to my getting out of the house. Peak winds have been 17 mph so far, and on each day the weather’s been conducive to a long brisk walk or jog.
(2) Having determined new functions for three of my team members, we now add to the previous roles of Cody, Richard and Zazen the duties of musical direction, orchestral direction, and stage management respectively. This not only takes a load off of me, but also it enhances the overall team spirit, giving a couple of our Actors and one musician more of a role on the team outside of that of being a performer. It’s all about optimizing each individual’s contribution while gradually reducing the size of my own role. And this is a good thing, for the overall team.
(3) Zazen reports that people have sent their schedules to her, and she’s already scheduled a big “Sirens of Hope” rehearsal tomorrow afternoon. The delegations — and semi-delegations — appear to be working.
(4) Somebody whom I probably need not identify was there for me at my lowest moment, and I felt the love and support that’s real, that’s based on something that’s not only promising in the long run, but tangible in the here and now. In fact, a number of supportive people then arose to encourage me, and that included most of the members of the team, and beyond. It has been this great, unprecedented experience of massive love and respect. Moreover, to top it all off, yesterday there was another unexpected anonymous one hundred dollar donation.
(5) In pastoral counseling this afternoon, it came about that I am to be thankful for this new sense of community that has been formed in our Eden in Babylon team. And there’s no reason for me to deprive myself of a due experience of enjoying that community, even to the casting aside of reservations and doubts.
“Unity is strength. Where there is teamwork and collaboration, wonderful things can be achieved.”
— Mattie Stepanek
Please donate to Eden in Babylon.
2 thoughts on “Gratitude List 1632”
That’s good to hear that you’ve been delegating. It sounds like you’ve got some great people who will step up and thrive.
LikeLiked by 2 people
I just came over here for the first time today and immediately changed the wording on #2 and #4, because it didn’t seem quite right, in either case. Outside of that, yes I feel that it’s a healthy move. People naturally will rise and shine, as is already beginning to unfold.
LikeLiked by 2 people