(1) First full band rehearsal tonight at 7pm. We’re rehearsing the opening number “Sirens of Hope” and the ballad “Turns Toward Dawn.” Everyone seems stoked, and I’m down.
(2) Still getting more exercise, mostly brisk walking of fairly long distances. Still losing weight, still spending less time on the Internet and more time outdoors. Cold weather hasn’t been too much of a deterrent, though it does help me not to overdo it.
(3) Grateful for the stimulus check, being as it has helped me to rationalize four Domino’s pizzas already, not to mention the nice meal from the Co-Op I’m about to indulge on the way out the door to rehearsal.
(4) Rehearsing the “Urban Elegy” yesterday, there were spots where we all came together so nicely, and with a nice kind of driving feel throughout. It was such a great, unexpected experience we decided to do it a second time so Keva could record it. And then, lo and behold, the second time was even better than the first. (Eager to hear the recording, once it materializes.)
(5) I find myself looking forward to packing up my stuff and heading into town on a slow trek toward rehearsal. I find myself grateful that I live in such a peaceful community. For all the insanity going on in the world today, I’m grateful for the little pockets of sanity, wherever they can be found. Grateful for the warm and very accepting community in which I live.
Please donate to Eden in Babylon.