(1) On the 10th day of my new ADHD medication, I have yet to discern an intended effect. What I’m grateful for, however, is that I haven’t had any side effects either.
(2) A couple fine conversations with my pastor yesterday reminded me of what an extraordinarily gentle and centered fellow he is. I would say, “Christ-centered.” I’ve really never met anyone quite like him, and I am grateful for his influence on my life.
(3) After a very sedentary month during which I gained a few pounds, I’ve finally started jogging and doing my push-ups again. I feel better already. Grateful for the blessing that regular exercise has been throughout my life. Push-ups in particular are highly underrated.
(4) Being a person who has a hard time establishing a regular morning routine, I am grateful to have found a good start. If I keep my smartphone turned to one of the Psalms, I begin reading the Psalm when I reach for the phone, first thing in the morning. Then the words of life enter into me before anything else does. (This morning it was Psalm 19).
(5) The Kids have outdone themselves. As of last night, it has been decided that I no longer need to attend rehearsals. They are perfectly capable of proceeding without me. After all, they’re forty or fifty years younger than me, and not at all scatterbrained. I’m grateful for the respect they all have for my work — and I’m very very grateful that they care.
Please donate to Eden in Babylon.