(1) Finally got that huge project concerning the time signature change out of the way. Even got inspired in the process and heard some cool three part harmonies in my head that I was able to add to the score. The result is a 12-page combined vocal, bass and guitar score to my song The Word from Beyond. I’m not only proud of my work, I am relieved and thankful to have finished it.
(2) Really enjoyed the Coffee Talk on Saturday morning. I always enjoy hearing the perspectives of all the religious journalists, and often more so, the atheists who are clearly freethinkers and untainted by dogmatic doctrine.
(3) One of the Kids came over and helped me clean up the house. Got a jump start anyway – still gotta do the bathroom. She sang while she worked, too. Nice to have supportive people in my life.
(4) I agreed with my editor-in-chief to a five-week series on a certain theme, to begin on the 17th and run for five consecutive Wednesdays. Also, my Hobo, Homeless or Houseless piece will be published this Wednesday. So I get six in a row — this could lead to something even better.
(5) I hope you enjoy this rehearsal version of The Urban Elegy that we did yesterday. It’s a rough recording, but the essence of the song is there. You can hear the Wendt Brothers harmonies as well as solos by Zazen and Keva, and four part harmonies throughout. I’m proud of these young Artists. We’re all proud — and I’m grateful.
Please donate to Eden in Babylon.