(1) I’m grateful for the gift of writing. It’s something I really enjoy doing, and people tell me I’m good at it.
(2) This church has been really nice letting me go in and play that great grand piano all the time.
(3) Grateful for the stimulus check because my new laptop will be arriving sometime this week. This will be the first time I will have purchased a new laptop in about five years.
(4) Thinking about the workshop gives me more gratitude than sorrow. There was something remarkable about the whole way it happened — how it provided an oasis in the desert of the pandemic. It didn’t just help me and me alone. It helped a whole group of people whom otherwise would probably have never come into contact. It was one of the most exceptional experiences of my entire life.
(5) Though I’m grateful for what computers and devices can do for us, I’m even more grateful for the power of shutting the lid on the laptop. Sometimes I shut that lid, and my anxiety level drops to almost zero. Glad to get up and smell the roses. Grateful for the gift of life.
“For everything there is a season, and a time for every purpose under heaven.”
— Ecclesiastes 3:1