(1) Grateful for the nice change in the weather the past few days. Sunny and warm, the walk to the Dollar Store was very enjoyable. I never noticed how beautiful it can be on Paradise Creek before. Grateful for the sense of vigor and new energy that is brought about by Spring.
(2) Grateful once again for my church and especially for their letting me use the grand piano for my recordings and many of the spaces for scheduled rehearsals of my musical. I was there late last night and got a lot of new piano music recorded. In fact, I have enough for a new album now, and have been arranging it on a SoundCloud playlist.
(3) I’ve been learning so much from some of the people I’ve met on WordPress, in addition to some of the very well-educated people whom I’ve met her in town, that I often feel like I’m going to school again – yet without the pressure of things like deadlines, midterms and grades.
(4) Had a really good meeting with Liam yesterday. We set a groundwork of stuff for each of us to do between now and summer, and also plan to involve Cody, to the end that we get something happening again this Summer, after everybody does their homework. I was impressed with how well-organized and encouraging the meeting was. There’s a sense of something very exciting being drafted on the down low, behind the scenes.
(5) There’s a feeling of people hanging together a little more right now. I feel it in the community, and in my church group, and on the blogosphere, and even on a bigger level. I’m encouraged to see the way people are toughing it out. Just when I think I’m alone, someone is there for me. We all have a lot in common, at this time.
“My humanity is bound up in yours, for we can only be human together.”
— Desmond Tutu
Please donate to Eden in Babylon.