(1) I’ve started running again after a lengthy lull. I seem to be more dedicated, and I’ve already done three two mile runs – Monday, Wednesday and Friday of last week. Also did 17 push-ups today (though in two sets, 7 in the first and 10 in the second.) Tonight after work I plan on doing three miles, and taking it from there. I feel more motivated these days in general — and I’m grateful.
(2) I’m loving my new job so far. I’m on the 4-8pm shift now, having had three Zoom meetings today before four. I finally feel like I’m doing something for the community (other than to try to keep getting everybody to produce my musical.)
(3) Kelsey and I met this morning on Zoom for an hour and fifteen minutes. I believe I can trim it down to a half hour podcast for Wednesday. We appear to be on the same page about the summer workshop and about the imminent completion of final stages of the project. For this and other reasons, I’m getting a really good feeling about the Summer of 2021.
(4) All you have to do is click here to see the phenomenal progress that has been made in the past two days toward reaching our goal of having all money for honoraria for the summer workshop secured by July 9. This is the first time in my life that I’ve organized a fundraiser that actually looks as though it stands a chance of succeeding!
(5) Best news of all: I have been reconciled with a dear friend of many years whom I thought I would never see again. We had a falling out in 2013 over something rather trite, and I ought never to have overreacted to his words the way I did. We met for an hour on Zoom today, and our friendship is reinstated. I am grateful that, among many broken relationships, at least one very meaningful one has been mended. Grateful for my good friend Phil.
All this is from God, who reconciled us to Himself through Christ and gave us the ministry of reconciliation: that God was reconciling the world to Himself in Christ, not counting our trespasses against us. And He has committed to us the message of reconciliation.” — 2 Corinthians 5:17-21
Please donate to Eden in Babylon.