(1) The more I think about it, the more I realize what a positive atmosphere we have here in our community at the Latah Recovery Center. It seems that anyone coming from anywhere can expect to find support there as well as the opportunity to be supportive of others, no matter their personal struggles or journeys. I know of no other place like it.
(2) On Thursday I attended an outdoor gathering, a discussion on critical race theory. People seemed content to gather in a professor’s back yard, and there was wine and such. Some very informed people made some very intelligent comments. I mostly listened, as it was very informative. Grateful to have been included among these interesting, academically inclined sorts of people.
(3) I must admit it’s nice to have my own place, where I can get up before sunrise, make my coffee, read interesting articles, hear the birds chirping outside my window, and watch the sun come up. It’s nice to have my own desk and quietude in the mornings.
(4) All rehearsals have gone well, though as of the fourth such rehearsal some issues have clearly arisen. Mostly however this informs me what work I need to do on my own part. The Kids for the most part are great.
(5) I resisted a big urge to go back to bed and waste the goodness of the good morning. Instead I found myself having a breakfast bite at the nearby A&W — where also the coffee is good! Today’s a good day to take things one step at a time. It’s a beautiful new morning.
“When you arise in the morning, think of what a precious privilege it is to be alive – to breathe, to think, to enjoy, to love.”
– Marcus Aurelius
Please donate to Eden in Babylon.