(1) My weekly meeting with Kurt took place yesterday “on the real” for the first time since our mutual vaccinations. Nice to have the air-conditioned Co-Op where we convened, and nice not to have to concern ourselves with missed connections and outages.
(2) Looks as though the workshop will come to a satisfying conclusion at some point during the next two weeks, which is all the time we have with the new sound person. Communication has been good, and I’m actually pretty pleased with what’s happening, slow but sure.
(3) Tracy published a piece of mine and expressed gratitude that I was able to turn something in anyway, despite having announced I’d be wrapped up throughout the summer. I’m thankful for the person who gave me the idea in the first place, by asking “Did Jesus ever doubt?” Also thankful for the many subsequent pertinent thoughts that have crossed my mind post-publication. I like it when I get the sense that a certain theme can be expanded.
(4) I have the third session of Cognitive Processing Therapy in about a half hour. Interesting the similarities between street life and combat, in terms of some of the kinds of trauma reactions. I like Cathy the therapist and am glad this issue is being addressed.
(5) I want to add that I’m grateful these days for the enhanced time spent outdoors. It’s great to get out on my bicycle and go riding along the nice shaded pathways, through campus and around the outskirts of town. Nice to have freedom and fresh air, in life.
Please donate to Eden in Babylon.