(1) It’s nice for there to be a café here in town where they say, “Hi Andy!” when I come in, and “Bye Andy!” when I leave. It makes me feel welcome (quite the opposite of my experience in the San Francisco Bay Area, where they’ve had been more likely to suspect me of stealing something, and at the same time, didn’t really care what my name was, because they’d figure I’d be giving them an alias anyway.)
(2) Did a really fast 2 1/2 mile run yesterday morning because I was mad at the time. Passed my doctor twice on the path. (He looked encouraging the first time and concerned the second.)
(3) As I rode into town this morning through campus, it dawned on me just how bike-friendly this town is, compared to just about any other town where I’ve ever lived.
(4) The new sound designer and I agreed on a certain figure for his services, and I was able to procure the full fee as of yesterday.
(5) Filled in for Cody at the United Church yesterday. Aside from being a paid gig, it was a warm experience. Most of the small congregation consisted of older couples, and we enjoyed each other’s sense of humor. The ‘Joys and Concerns” period was particularly moving. Also, it was the first time since 2017 that I’ve played an entire church service somewhere (thereby confirrming for me that I still know how to sight-read hymns out of hymnals lol). Very fine occasion, and I’m thankful for my home community.
Please donate to Eden in Babylon.