(1) Beautiful weather following a much-needed rain. Bright, crisp & fresh. This will be a nice day for a long bike ride and maybe a jog down the Latah Trail.
(2) Caught up on my sleep, this doppio tastes great at the One World Cafe, with cinnamon roll.
(3) Decided on what five songs from Eden in Babylon to use for the demo and have posted them here for free, and in a more elaborate and costly form on BandCamp. With script & score essentially intact, I feel that our ongoing workshop has been a success. Grateful to be feeling greatly relieved of a huge perceived burden attached to preparing this musical for production.
(4) It looks like I do have the job and have actually officially been hired. Pastor Jodie hired me to be the pianist for the United Church, replacing Cody who is departing on October 1st. I provided special music this Sunday — an improvisation around the main theme from Finlandia by Sibelius, seemingly suggested by the profound yet gentle spirit in the pews that morning, and very well-received.
(5) Crafting a new stage in life of spending about twice as much time outdoors, exercising about twice as much as before, and spending about half as much time behind the computer screen (or playing with the new-fangled smartphone device) — so far so good. It’s not so much how much I am able to accomplish, but the quality of life in the process. Thankful for freedom, rightly applied.
“If everyone is thinking alike, then no one is thinking.”
— Benjamin Franklin
Please donate to Eden in Babylon.