(1) Had a nice talk yesterday with my dear friend Holly in California. Hadn’t touched base for several months, and it was good to hear from her. Nice to have friends.
(2) Though I am still as spaced out as ever, and though my spacey nature continues to inconvenience me, I have noticed that I am much more content with being a total space case now that I no longer have a bunch of hard deadlines to meet. It’s a lot easier to accept the fact that it’s taking over an hour to find your smartphone when you don’t really need it.
(3) Though the morning started off with a strange blast of forgetting to put the filter in the coffee maker and ultimately getting coffee grounds all over the kitchen, the good news is that it gave me the final burst of motivation I needed to attack the dirty dishes in the sink. (Coffee tastes pretty good, too.)
(4) There’s a 50/50 chance on a paid composer gig for a new musical. The other guy being considered is a pretty huge Broadway guy, so I might not get it. But that guy might also not be interested in the material. He’s looking over the script right now, and if he declines, I’ll get the gig. I got jazzed talking with the playwright about it — and “jazzed” is usually a good sign, when it comes to this sort of endeavor.
(5) Ran unusually fast yesterday. Joined the Palouse Running Club. I want to be as earnest about it as I was when I was President of the North Bay Chapter of the Christian Runners Association back in the 80’s – just older, wiser and stronger — God willing. His blessings abound. The LORD is my light and my salvation – whom shall I fear? The LORD is the stronghold of my life; of whom shall I be afraid? I will offer Him sacrifices with shouts of joy. I will sing and make melody to the LORD.
Please donate to Eden in Babylon.