(1) I created a new piano album called Hyfrydol (after the Welsh hymn that is included on the album). My friend Kathy designed the cover, and sales of CDs have been going very well locally.
(2) Received a first paycheck for a month of work at the new church, and my student paid me in cash for two months of lessons last Saturday. So I’m enjoying a distinctly increased income this month (though at the same time, I’m trying to forget about it, so I don’t fall into the trap of thinking I’m “rich.”)
(3) I finished four of the five new songs for Keva and have sent them to her, piano practice takes — lyric sheets, lead sheets, etc. Don’t expect to hear from her very soon (as her show is opening on November 17th), but I also have been enjoying getting the tunes out to various instrumentalists and back-up-singer types who may be interested.
(4) Found a complete Hal Leonard “Essential Songs of Broadway” book with piano-vocal arrangements of over 85 classic show tunes. This will be good to keep around in general, and to work with Zazen in particular.
(5) Good meeting with Kurt yesterday, though I sent him a misleading email capsulizing my new theory, and was not able to complete some essential thoughts during the course of being questioned about it. This is inspiring an exhaustive email that may later morph into a blog post, column, or bigger. I do enjoy writing on certain themes, and I am thankful for the leisure I’ve been granted to exercise these gifts.
Please donate to Eden in Babylon.