(1) We’re getting off to a great start in the third week of our five week rehearsal period for the musical Pippin. I’m very much enjoying the professional atmosphere at the regional theater company I’ve been so fortunate to have discovered.
(2) It was good having the weekend off. On Sunday I worked with Karlie, who knows all her parts for the three-part harmonies she’s going to sing over herself. Here’s a recording of her singing the low part to the scratch track of Ode to the Universe that I’ve created with my music production software. You can probably see where it’s headed if you use your imagination, and Karlie is a joy to work with.
(3) There’s an Open Mike every Monday night at a club around the corner from the theatre. They’ve got a full length Young Chang concert grand, one of the better pianos I have had a chance to play. They gave me three songs to close the place. I did My Heart Belongs to Daddy, then Cody sang “Hunted” from Eden in Babylon, and finally I did “Bridge Over Troubled Water.” Looking forward to going back next week.
(4) My new therapist is really working out very well. This morning I’ll have the fourth session of the five I committed myself to, and I am really looking forward to it. She gave me a good book called Shame and Guilt: Masters of Disguise and she is in all manners a competent and in fact gifted therapist — quite a contrast to the last three I tried. .
(5) Just letting you know I am presently creating this gratitude list on the new MacBook Pro I got on a $550 steal from Backwater. So far I am having the same experience as when I graduated from the Android to the iPhone. I simply never want to go back and use a Windows machine again. (Guess I’m addicted to the fancy colors.) Grateful for all the good gifts God gives us, in good time.