(1) This morning, as well as two mornings ago, I awoke at 6am instead of the usual 4am. As a result, I have decided to change my prideful attachment to getting up during the wee hours. The extra two hours of sleep did me a world of good. I was fully focused and productive till at least noon each morning, leaving me plenty of time for more brainless, mundane tasks in the afternoon.
(2) I am thankful for Moscow First Presbyterian Church. It’s hard to imagine any church being a greater blessing than this.
(3) Grateful for Moscow Idaho. Once again I am eager to put our great city on the map for some reason other than that we have a multiple murderer currently incarcerated in our County Jail.
(4) Yesterday’s highly preoccupied effort to sync the vocal score, script and performance tracks to the new opening scene of my musical was something I will never forget nor wish ever to repeat. Suffice it to say it was successful. I’m eager to fine-tune the work this morning and release it tomorrow to the powers that be. Maybe now we can put Moscow on the map and show the world who we really are? Here’s hoping.
(5) Beautiful trudge through the snow this morning, taking the route across campus, and discovering new shortcuts. The snow has its own shine that adorns the mornings. Every day is new in God’s grace, and his lovingkindness never ends.
“An early morning walk is a blessing for the whole day.” — Henry David Thoreau