This one’s from Sunday morning.
1. Slept from 630-930 and then from about 11-5. Rested and energetic.
2. Beautiful weather on the walk to and from the store — this would be a perfect morning to start running again.
3. Thoughts in my morning reflections today have been distinctly more constructive than usual. Prayers seemed newer, and more to the immediate point.
4. Felt much gratitude last night when, having neglected to eat during the day since the 4am burrito, I found that I still had 5 cents in my account after I bought two Top Ramens at the Sunset Market. Later I was even more richly rewarded when I found forgotten salami in the fridge as well as some spaghetti in the cupboard.
5. Found the above image and had a hunch it would make a good desktop background. Yes it does, if you can picture it, my icons all being arranged in the upper left, with the telescope searching in that direction. But even more so, I get a sudden sense of peace every time I clear my browser windows. I clear all the windows periodically at moments when the computer stress has reached an uneasy peak, and it’s nice to see it all be replaced by a spiritual image that has such a nice contemplative feel to it. It has the overall effect of easing my computer-related nervous tension.
6. Overcame a morning mood yesterday that was bitterly despairing, and realized in so doing how much of it was computer-connected. Once I left the device, I smelled the roses.
7. Had a nice time visiting with Patty and her son Jesse, who have an apartment up the hill to the West of here, more like a house, rented from my same landlord, but in a much more secluded, forested area. If I were to get a place in that area, it would have a real appeal in terms of separation, and the walk would still be good into town and campus.
8. Should be able to make it to Bible Project at 9:30 and still get to Jodie’s church by 10:45 to play piano at 11.
9. Just now ran/walked 2 miles, first run in a few weeks.
10. God is Good.
Please donate to Eden in Babylon.
A little bit goes a long, long way.