1. Slept six hours last night between 8pm and 2am. Also got an hour nap yesterday afternoon between 12:30 & 1:30.
2. Ran three miles yesterday morning. I see no reason not to run a couple miles or more this morning, with better form.
3. Was in a good mood during the gig at Jodie’s church, played “Be Thou My Vision,” and got a lot out of the sermon.
4. Jodie paid me $50 in cash. Now I can pay the phone bill.
5. Just noticed it was Proverbs 16 this morning, my favorite chapter in Proverbs. Just looked at 16:7, my favorite verse in Proverbs, and it applies.
6. Good Grapevine meeting last night, sat between two members whom I like who shall remain anonymous, and talked afterward to a member of the clergy who shall remain anonymous. It was a lot like an Al-Anon meeting, and I needed that. Gained from it.
7. Ran into J. drinking at an outdoor establishment taking with D., and tried to avoid them so as to continue doing all the creative work that I typically do “in my head” while briskly walking. But then, when J. hailed me, I succeeded in not responding with annoyance, as though it were an impolite intrusion. Rather, I managed to be cordial and smiling with both of them, though still successfully conveying that I had work to do, and managing a getaway without appearing hostile. For me, this is a breakthrough. I hate it when people interrupt my work, and it’s been frustrating trying to explain to non-autistic sorts that most of my work is done invisibly in my head.
8. Was praying that somebody would let go, when it came to me that I was the one who needed to let go.
9. I have discovered a truly marvelous resolution to the last Scene in Eden in Babylon, which unfortunately this margin is too narrow to hold.
10. I so love the “absolutely quiet hours.” Can’t wait to finish my reading — and write. God is Good.
Please donate to Eden in Babylon.
A little bit goes a long, long way.