This week’s daily gratitude selection is from Saturday, New Year’s Day.
1. Happy New Year!
2. Slept six hours from 11:30 till 5:30. Very sound, tranquil sleep.
3. Nice of Bruce to meet with me for coffee in the morning yesterday. He’s a good, supportive listener and a very nice man. Very perceptive, as well.
4. Spent most of the day at the Center yesterday, which in this case was healing. April is working there now and she has come a very long way. April and Amber helped me a lot, and it gave me a place to chill when my nerves were harried from lack of sleep the previous night.
5. Prompted by noticing that more people are showing up on Tuesdays than any other day on my blog site, I made a New Years Resolution to put more effort into the blog and stick to the scheduled posts on scheduled days. Started out with a bang and am encouraged.
6. Really grateful that the recent storm has passed. For a while, during the sleepless night, it wasn’t possible for me to hang on to a positive thought, and I felt nothing but self-hatred and frustration with others, as well as deep pessimism and a sense of utter defeat. Somehow that was all lifted during the time when I was at the Center. Now I don’t feel any frustration with anyone at all, and I have compassion for people whom I usually begrudge.
7. This makes it easier to pray for them. Also, about prayer life, I noticed something toward the end of Proverbs 1 this morning that answered a big question for me. Looking forward to a healthier interior life.
8. Was just reading Galatians 5 and had forgotten about some really good stuff in there, particularly how faith is “expressed through love.”
9. Got to have a long talk with Alex last night, which was inspiring on many levels, including meditation, DBT, our daughters, and the great encouragement of his political bent.
10. Out with the Old, in with the New. 2 Corinthians 5:17. God is Good.