1. Slept about eight hours, from around 11 till about 7:20am.
2. Checked my balance and it’s actually $40 greater than I’d thought, due to a return on a fouled up ATM transaction from some time ago, that I’d forgotten all about, now manifesting.
3. Just made $10 selling another Interim CD, so the total now for sales is at $125.
4. Between #3 & #4 above, I see no reason not to go up to Goodwill and get a badly needed pair of thick dark pants.
5. The present Round Table has a centering, comforting effect. There’s something about this one table at this one cafe that has a calming, quieting effect on my spirit. I notice I get a lot of music written here, too.
6. Soon I’ll be practicing on the Baldwin Grand. It’s great to have a key to a building with a Baldwin grand piano. I’m looking forward to practicing more and more.
7. Beautiful bright sunny day. The surface, though slippery, is manageable. Thoroughly enjoyed a brisk walk through campus, even out past the Campus Starbucks (which was not yet open), and down Sixth Street to the cafe where I sit.
8. Kathy W. gave me a ride out to Wal-Mart yesterday afternoon so I could get my thyroid medication.
9. Walked three miles briskly yesterday, from Wal-Mart back home, in two mile and a half chunks.
10. Grateful for the warm, accepting community of the town in which I live. I was just hearing from a friend that where she is, people aren’t nearly so nice, and when she has tried to join activities or organizations, they have been downright rude. If this is true, all the more reason to be grateful for the friendly close-knit community I have found. It has its underbelly, like anywhere else, but once that’s been identified and duly disposed of, this University city truly becomes a beautiful world.
Please donate to Eden in Babylon.
A little bit goes a long, long way.