(1) New backpack finally arrived today after an unusually long delay. I can now look forward to riding my bicycle with laptop safely secured in backpack, and alighting upon some of the local cafes. There, I have found some very pleasant situations, conducive both to work and mild social interaction. Sure beats pacing the floor at home all day, occasionally striking a key or dragging a mouse (in between making sandwiches, taking naps, and that sort of thing.) Atmosphere is important — and a backpack paves the way to get me there.
(2) Have been steadily losing weight — I can tell — though I’ve not yet been to the scale to see if I’ve dropped below 200 yet. Just now finished a night run of 2 miles, and I clearly felt lighter than the last time I ran (ten days ago).
(3) Beautiful weather here today – sunny, breezy, not too hot, clear air. Out and about for a good portion of the day, I noticed that people I encountered were in good moods, smiling.
(4) Meetings with Kurt and Ian went well today. Interesting about Kurt, that he’s not just an intellect, he’s an intellect with an agenda. His agenda doesn’t differ widely from my own, however, which tends to give our discussions a sense of mutual purpose. I’m learning a lot from that particular intellect.
(5) Despite my sometime complaint, I really am very grateful for my apartment. It’s the first time in years I’ve been able to sustain a decent living situation for as long as I have. It’s definitely not to be taken for granted, nor should it be easily forsaken. Though I think about moving a lot, I feel that the changes I would best make at this point are internal. When I improve what’s inside me, what’s outside has a way of taking care of itself. Things always look brighter through a polished lens.
Please donate to Eden in Babylon.