This week’s gratitude list is from yesterday morning.
1. Only slept 4 1/2 hrs btw 10 & 2:30, but I’m truly thankful to be up during the ‘absolutely quiet hours.’ I always reflect better, and also get better writing accomplished, during these early morning hours.
2. Though I hadn’t run for quite some time, the ease with which I ran the full 4 mile course yesterday was startling. I also did 22 pushups afterwards (10 before the shower and 12 after).
3. The morning run helped me to relax and keep the Sabbath afterwards. Somehow, that kind of running helps me to be okay with being alone.
4. My daughter and I talked at length. I always hear everything she says, despite that I am not a very good listener in other contexts. It is good to know of her situations, as they become my prayer concerns.
5. Continuing to tidy up the house is getting me to remember that a lot of my alleged severe ADHD is resolved when I know where everything is.
6. Heard from my friend Nick from California on his work break. Hadn’t talked to him for a while and really enjoyed the conversation.
7. After that, I meditated for twenty minutes. I’m researching it, and starting to get more out of it. It’s a practice.
8. Community Action calculated my benefit to be $297 and paid that amount to the utility company. This is great, especially since I’d only requested $99 (my current bill for two months in the Winter). Looks like I’m covered for a while.
9. Realized on reflection, I need to hold off on the column about homelessness for Spokane Faith & Values a while longer. I don’t mind expressing my opinion as long as it’s a genuine conviction. But there’s something on the last page of the 5th Draft that isn’t quite right. Tracy said she’d hold off. In the meantime, best I turn in one of my other stories. Grateful I realized this, as I’d have stuck my foot in my mouth.
10. God is Good.
Please donate to Eden in Babylon.
A little bit goes a long, long way.