(1) Five cups of coffee, a traditional breakfast with sausage, and a banana at the Courtyard Cafe — all for a whoppin’ five bucks.
(2) Not to mention, it was totally chill in there. I sat at my table between 10 and 2, deciding to have lunch there as well. It was there that I finished my new column for the Faith and Values website, and generally chilled out for a few hours, today being Saturday–the designated day of rest.
(3) Two ladies from my church came over with SUV and truck yesterday, and got most of my things out of my apartment. I’ve got another guy with a truck on hold as I wait to round up enough people to move my old couch into it. Really looking forward to no longer sleeping on that soft couch and becoming as lazy and complacent as I have been these last few years. Eager to start sleeping on the floor again, on a couple pieces of cardboard with blankets on top of me–the way I have slept throughout most of my life. Eager for my bad posture to improve. Thankful to be finally be leaving the hood.
(4) As it turns out, I do not have prostate cancer. Benign prostate enlargement, treatable with Flomax. One less thing to worry about. Also, 35 minutes in that MRI was a trip! Amazing what they can reveal these days.
(5) I have secured a secret apartment where I will stay alone for five weeks, complete with shower. No one will know where I am or how to find me. It will be near to the new apartment I’ll have on July 7th. So as soon as I get my place cleaned and my piano moved, I will begin my new life with gratitude.