1. Man, this Seattle’s Best Coffee is good.
2. I have three pairs of shoes today: snow boots, running shoes w/spikes, and regular dark walking shoes. There was a time when I couldn’t possibly manage more than one pair of shoes, and in fact had to sleep with them on every night, for fear they wouldn’t be there in the morning if I took them off.
3. I have seven pairs of thick winter socks now – one for each day of the week. There was a time when I had to line up every Monday morning outside of Elmer’s Van and compete with a bunch of other homeless cats for a single pair of socks that had to last me an entire week.
4. Whenever I wake up lamenting a “luxury problem,” (i.e., that I crashed out at 8:30 last night and woke up at 12:30 am after only four hours sleep), I need only remember a certain night of waking up at 12:30 am to the sight of a young man who had earlier stolen my brand new HP laptop while his partner pistol-whipped me. At 12:30 am on that particular dark and stormy night, the young thug rousted me out of my sleep to insist that I join him with two crack whores in a hotel room, in order to play five long chess games in a row. My point? At least I have a roof over my head, and total privacy — and when I wake up at 12:30 am, that rapscallion and his two rather unappealing crack whores are nowhere in sight. I’ve got it good today, believe me.
5. Seems to me I can probably get a piano lounge job of some kind if I can ever figure out how to get to the nearest such dive and back without a car (approximately one hundred miles North of here), or else work out a way to take a bus and somehow not lose money on the gig renting a hotel room. (Hint hint hint.)
6. Thank God for this page. That man’s counsel helped me to solve the biggest barrier I was having toward cultivating a healthy recovery, and a much much healthier life.
7. Had a really wonderful time with my pastor and his wife, family and friends yesterday out at the farm. Recorded three tunes on the Kawai upright, and uploaded one of them to my you tube channel.
8. Great long talk with Nick yesterday.
9. Romans Chapter Twelve, especially the closing verses — what an inspiration.
10. Using the wee hours to compile my character breakdown for the workshop, per Ms. O’s request. Moreover, I’m working on them in a nice one bedroom apartment with a “spare master bedroom” just in case any of my friends and family want to come up for a visit someday. If my Christmas is this much better than the one I had two years ago, think how much better it might be two years from now, if I keep this up. God has done for me what I could not do for myself. All the Glory goes to God.
Please consider supporting an artist in need.
It’s not that I don’t have the talent.
It’s just that I don’t have the wheels.