(1) 55F degrees and perfect running weather.
(2) I’ve got two strong legs and a good set of lungs, and I can still run after all these years. Somehow I’ve managed to avoid the typical stress-related diseases of modern culture, and I suspect I’m alive for a reason.
(3) When people play strange games of control, power, or one-upsmanship with me, it helps to consider the source. I need not live in their twisted paradigms, and I’m thankful for my God-given right not to dwell in their worlds.
(4) I found my lost sunglasses on the floor by the chair at a cafe, when I went there and sat in the same spot five days later.
(5) On Friday, I played at an Open Mike for the first time on an electronic piano they provided. The crowd reaction was surprisingly strong, and a great singer whom I respect came up and hugged me.
(6) Somebody gave me a vintage 1920 Howard upright piano for free, just like the one my dad had. It needs a tuning, which is a cost factor, but that will come in time.
(7) Had a wonderful time playing piano at a housewarming party on Saturday. I’m starting to feel like a member of the community here, with a positive contribution to make.
(8) Yesterday I finished a great book called Blessed are the Weird, and had a wonderful email exchange with its author, Jacob Nordby.
(9) Was able to borrow a Casio electronic piano from a guy at my church. Now I can busk at the Farmer’s Market, and maybe sell some of my CD’s.
(10) I really like my church, and I love the little one-bedroom apartment where I live with the love of my life. When I am tormented by the envies of those who are miserable, or jealous of those who can afford what I can’t, I need to remember that money doesn’t buy happiness, and that all good gifts come from heaven above. Thankful that my God is a God of Love, and that I don’t have to be perfect to earn that love. He loves me because He is Love and is capable of showing it, and He teaches me how to show it, when otherwise I could not. God is Love and Love is God. Here’s to the God of Love.
Please donate to Eden in Babylon.
Anything Helps – God Bless!