1. Although I woke up after only three hours sleep at around 2:30am feeling horribly mentally unhealthy as well as morally and spiritually incompetent, enough positivity has been mustered up since then to renew my hope.
2. One of the (very minor) frustrations on my mind this morning was an inability to find my nail clipper, but at the moment in the morning when I remembered to pray for God’s help at the beginning of the day, I looked down onto the kitchen counter, and there it was sitting by the microwave. I like it when this kind of thing happens. It of course has nothing to do with resolving any of the more major frustrations, but it does sort of give one the impression that God’s got his back.
3. Nice email update from Erika this morning and was able to write a proper reply. This also came one day after I was getting a nudge to email her, so that part’s also good.
4. Heard from Timbo upon my request, who used to be a peer counselor at the Recovery Center. It was good to go over some of my current issues with him, so as to get a new and valuable perspective.
5. Sold another Exile CD. Grateful to have made eight such sales in the past three days. It’s a ray of hope at an otherwise very trying time.
6. I really like my church. I was depressed yesterday morning, but the fellowship lifted me up. Certain members of the church are beginning to approach me with homeless themes, and I get a sense of respect from them that I haven’t often found elsewhere, until very recently in life.
7. Although this is a very problematical time for me in terms of a personal family crisis, it’s having the effect of causing me to create about three times as many gratitude lists as usual. They do help, along with other tools, to renew my hope in Christ and in the future of humanity on this planet.
8. I’ve noticed that I forget about my problems when I work on the Eden in Babylon vocal score. This is a good thing, because it gives me more motivation to get it done, and I really do need to have a draft of it ready by the 31st, in order to meet a certain deadline.
9. It’s always darkest before the dawn.
10. This too shall pass.
Please donate to Eden in Babylon.
A little bit goes a long, long way.