(1) There was a great teriyaki special at the Courtyard Cafe yesterday morning, and when I stepped up to pay for it, the nice lady there said it was on the house.
(2) Went to a downtown drug store yesterday to buy a battery, and they gave me one for free.
(3) Found a great therapist over the weekend who agreed to meet with me once a week. When I went to the counseling center to fill out the paperwork, I naturally inquired about the pay. To my amazement, they said it would be pro bono.
(4) Had a nice chat with the lady at the family-run computer store downtown. When I asked about the apartments they own upstairs, it appeared they might have an opening after repairs are finished. When I asked what the rent would be, she replied: “Variable.”
(5) I really enjoyed the free corn beef and cabbage dinner last night at my favorite church in my favorite town, where I happen to have been born, long ago. Some of the best things in life truly are free.
“Gratitude opens the door to the power, the wisdom, the creativity of the universe. You open the door through gratitude.” – Deepak Chopra