(1) Made it to my new doctor for the first time this morning. He’s knowledgeable and respectful, which is what I was after. Had all the lab work done, and was diagnosed with “nausea.” (Unsurprising, considering all that’s going on in the world today.)
(2) Got up a little early today – 3 am instead of the usual 4:30. This enabled me to get more work done on the arrangement of the third number in my musical. It’s coming along. I’ll post it (along with the lyrics) once I’ve gotten from A to Z with it.
(3) The running’s been better than ever lately. Got weighed at the clinic, and I’ve lost 11 lbs since last time I was at a scale. No need to provide the exact figure — let’s just say I’ve got 24 more pounds to go.
(4) Did all the wash. It’s not only nice to have clean clothes, it has a way of motivating me to clean up the rest of the house while I’m at it.
(5) A young journalist who has a job with a certain newspaper is urging me to apply for one of a couple positions they have open — and I’m following through, so wish me luck. I’m grateful for the positive impression I’ve managed to make on everyone I’ve met in journalism, and for the sense that out of all the times I’ve lived through in my relatively long life, these times are the most worth writing about.
“Be as you wish to seem. The way to gain a good reputation is to endeavor to be what you desire to appear.”
Please donate to Eden in Babylon.