(1) The light on the power adapter of my 2015 MacBook Pro has just turned green for the first time in a long time. I’m glad my friend Matt told me about cleaning out the port with a toothpick. I clearly removed a big thingamabob that was in the way of things. Moreover, I am grateful that when I asked the workers here at the cafe for a toothpick, they gave me not only one, but three. Has anyone noticed that toothpicks are hard to come by? I have. Grateful for things that work.
(2) There have been a number of awkward interactions lately when people have responded to my friendly nature by wanting to accelerate a mild acquaintanceship into a fast friendship. On reflection, I realized this is a sign I ought not to be “putting myself out there” so readily. There’s something to be said for a low profile. Grateful for the wakeup.
(3) I’m twenty bucks shy of my $500 goal selling Turbulence piano albums, and I haven’t even released the online version yet. Along with a few other positive happenings, I find myself unusually free of financial insecurities.
(4) I’ve noticed I’m not mad at my church people anymore, and I’ve been enjoying participating in church activities. Tonight there’s a dinner after the Taize service, followed by choir practice. Somehow I no longer feel my presence is any kind of blight, nor am I bothered by the other humans. It’s nice to keep things light and enjoy their company.
(5) Just ran into Darrell, the owner of the recovery center, and had a nice chat with him beneath a beautiful blue morning sky. Grateful for the Latah Recovery Center. Without them, I would not be alive today. God is Good.
“Change your thoughts and you change your life.”
— Lao Tsu